Questions regarding oil injection system/lines

Status
Not open for further replies.

KyleW2

Looking for some opinions on a couple different topics:

I know if I change from the Seadoo oil I need to flush the system (drain tank, replace filter, bleed pump etc) - however I have a couple questions regarding the correct process:
1. Is pulling the tank and cleaning it completely out necessary, or only draining as much of it out as you can?
2. What about the Rotary Valve lines? Does the RV need to be drained as well?

Next, I am changing the grommets on the oil tank and changing the main oil lines as well while I'm at it (rotary valve and pump feed lines):
1. Does anyone know the correct length of line I need for each?
2. What should I use as far as clamps at the rotary valve connector and the oil pump? I don't want to over-tighten anything and mess up the lines, but I also don't want them to leak again.

Thanks!

Looking for some opinions on a couple different topics:

I know if I change from the Seadoo oil I need to flush the system (drain tank, replace filter, bleed pump etc) - however I have a couple questions regarding the correct process:
1. Is pulling the tank and cleaning it completely out necessary, or only draining as much of it out as you can?
2. What about the Rotary Valve lines? Does the RV need to be drained as well?

Next, I am changing the grommets on the oil tank and changing the main oil lines as well while I'm at it (rotary valve and pump feed lines):
1. Does anyone know the correct length of line I need for each?
2. What should I use as far as clamps at the rotary valve connector and the oil pump? I don't want to over-tighten anything and mess up the lines, but I also don't want them to leak again.

Thanks!

As far as length of the line i don't think this matter as a hose will only allow a certain volume no matter the length.
As far as the clamps ive seen people use zip-ties or you can get the appropriate crimp clamps

As far as switching oil is just make sure the oils are mixable...Do abench test and see if they gum and that will let you know how well you need to pump the system.

As far as length of the line i don't think this matter as a hose will only allow a certain volume no matter the length.
As far as the clamps ive seen people use zip-ties or you can get the appropriate crimp clamps

As far as switching oil is just make sure the oils are mixable...Do abench test and see if they gum and that will let you know how well you need to pump the system.

More asking about length as I want to know how much to order, don’t want to order too much or too little. I won’t be around the ski for a couple days so easier to just ask so I can get parts on order.

I’ll just plan on using the nice zip ties unless someone else says otherwise. Thanks!

Does anyone know the part numbers for the oil injection grommets on a 1995 Seadoo SP? Are they both part # 293720008 or are they two different sizes? (Both meaning one for the rotary valve feed, one for the pump feed)

Edit: Or is one of them part # 293720001 and the other part # 293720002 ? I am getting conflicting information based on where I look. Thanks

Last edited:
I have a '99 Seadoo Challenger 1800, I just busted the nipple off my oil sending unit that goes to the vent line. (see pics) Now it bleeds down the side of the tank. My question is replacing it or can i just try to find a bleeder screw to fit in there? Also I have been looking at ordering a sending unit...but mine part is 27800478 and I am finding a lot that are 278001401. They say they are the same year and come off a 787 but is it really the same? Any help or advise appreciated!
Thanksoilsendingunit3.jpgoilsendingunit2.jpgoilsendingunit1.jpgoilsendingunit.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back