PWC Insurance prices in Ontario

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

howie

Hi folks, newbie to the site and the world of seadoo. Trying to track down the best place for insurance? Really wondering about theft insurance if not secured in a locked compound.

Any suggestions or contacts are welcome:)

$600 should definitely include full replacement coverage on theft.
I have an 08 GTX 155 and paid nearly $700 the first year, including trailer coverage. It is always locked up in a garage except when riding. Includes 1mil Liability, theft, $500 deduct.
$700 seems high, considering its not a car that you drive daily, however the theft issue is a big hurdle for insurance companies.
This past year, my premiums dropped significantly to $300. Maybe the insurance company requires a grace period for new boaters/skiis ... not sure, but I'm happy the prem. is back down to earth.

I am currently looking for insurance and i got my dad to put it under the house insurance and its only 250 a year mind you its on a 97 seadoo XP

I went through State Farm like everything else I have and for my 2000 Speedster it was $430 a year with a $1000 deductible. That will change in winter when I only put fire and theft on it. So it would avg to around $300 a yr from what my agent told me.

I was going to go with Premier but it was only insured if
It was in the water and stolen
So my broker suggested we go with Avia
The premium was a bit higher but
Now the Seadoo is insured for theft no matter
Where it is

Good Luck

Best way to insure it is via a add-on to your house insurance. 99 SPX $116 including tax :) That is 2 million liability and nothing else.

I contacted CAA brokerage and they got me insurance on my 2004 Sportster for around $375.00 taxes included.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm insured with State Farm. I've found their rates to be pretty competitive over the years, especially when you factor in their "Multi-line Discount" for having multiple policies. I'm paying $14.00 a month, which works out to $168 annually for my '97 Challenger. Now, it's just basic (liability) coverage since it's a boat and not a PWC, and in my garage when it's not in the water.

So I just signed up with Harbour Insurance Brokers out of Midland and Vancouver. They put me on a policy that costs $481.00 / year with 2mil liability and a hell of a lot of value in coverage,l 2500.00 contents coverage, navigation equipment coverage, bla bla bla... Many marina's are getting real sticky with the amount of coverage boaters have if docked on a slip, and since it marked with business logo etc, I'm use to the added coverage and premiums that go with it. My car and home insurer (TD Insurance) would not insure a boat 15 years or older.
Kev, check your home insurance policy, I think your boat would be covered under your home policy, with a limit to coverage. My would have been covered, but only for $1,000.00, and that's my deductible!!

State Farm would only cover my boat if something happened to it in my garage. Once in tow it's a separate policy.
I asked a lot of questions and got a policy that runs about $15.00 a month. I'm only covered for liability (1 mil) and I'm good with that.
If I hit something, stupid me. If it gets stolen, stupid me. If I damage someone else's craft or property, I'm covered, and that's all I wanted.
I figure the $$ I've saved over the past 25 years insuring things with that attitude would more than cover any stupidity on my part.

I just got quoted $650 from Bayside insurance for a 2001 GTX DI with 2Mill liability and $1000 personal effects and $500 deductible and covered for $4000 (actual value of Sea Doo).
I'm 43 and plan to keep my machine in the water @ Marina with my boat. This apparently includes a discount because of my boat. Is this way expensive ?

I just got quoted $650 from Bayside insurance for a 2001 GTX DI with 2Mill liability and $1000 personal effects and $500 deductible and covered for $4000 (actual value of Sea Doo).
I'm 43 and plan to keep my machine in the water @ Marina with my boat. This apparently includes a discount because of my boat. Is this way expensive ?

Check with Premier Marine. I paid $350 for $1m liability + fire and theft (which I don't care about - just the liability). I got a $50
discount for being an experienced PWC rider (was $400 + $35 policy fee which they waived) for a 2002 GTX DI. Their wording for eligibility as to liability etc was pretty good.

Back