PWC injury statistics

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

hfgreg

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Injuries associated with PWCs were sustained most frequently by patients 20 years of age or older (49.4%). Of all injuries related to PWCs, 59.3% were to males. Many patients (29.6%) lost control of their PWC and hit against it or got caught up in the handle or a cord attached to the PWC (while riding or after falling off of the PWC). The most common type of injury was bruising, abrasion or inflammation, 29.6%. The body part most commonly injured was the head or neck, 33.7%. Injuries that required advice only or minor treatment accounted for 44.4% of patients, while 25.9% of patients needed medical follow-up after leaving the emergency department and 28.4% were admitted to hospital. The percentage of PWC injuries requiring hospitalization is approximately four times higher than the average for all injuries in the CHIRPP database.

I smashed my cheek bone jumping and diving waves with no lid on( helmet) I was'nt being a dick, only enjoying myself.;)

How old are you? I smashed my leg once pretty good. Huge bruise for a couple weeks.

I've thrown my back out, but that is about the worst of it...I guess I just am not as hard core as some ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back