PWC Cooler Racks

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

DesertYak

I see a lot of folks putting cooler racks on their skis so they can fish off of their jetskis. Why do people spend $50 and an afternoon building one out of PVC or hundreds of $ on a metal fabricated one with rod holders, most of which all to hold a traditional $30 ice chest. $300 rack holding a $30 ice chest :facepalm:

The rack is lashed down to the jet ski and the ice chest is lashed down to the rack. Why not just put some ubolts through a $30-$50 ice chest to achieve some attachment points and lash that down to the ski? Bolt some rod holders to it.

Or attach one of the Engel 30Qt coolers which already has rod holders on it down to the ski. The only thing I could think of is if you have a $300 ice chest and don't want to put holes in it.

:agree: with you on your thought process. My plans was to mount the rod holders to the cooler and strap the cooler to the ski and call it a day but since a friend offered up one of his metal racks, I couldn't pass up the opportunity to acquire it.

Well, I thought about attaching rod holders to my ice chest but 3 2-rod holders or 3-rod holders cost as much as the pvc rack. And, I still need to buy hardware or straps or both to avoid the pvc so I figured I could customize the pvc rack easier. I know I will never need 6-9 rods but I will need a net and a gaff and maybe a gig plus at least 2 rods so I will use most of the holders for something. I also plan to add a removable axle and fat air tires and a handle to the rack for wheeling my gear out to the surf.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back