Putting 3 X4's on 2 place trailer?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
You would be overloading the trailer but anything can be done I guess. Make sure your axle and tires are good for the weight.

Depends on the trailer. MOST of the older double trailers, I would say no. But a bigger trailer, meant for 2 new 4stroke skis... sure... they can hold the weight. But as above... verify the axle, and tires are up for the job.

it looks like I can move two of them back and then place the third backwards in the center. ive carried an rx and a gti le with no problem for room wise or weight

A lot more tongue weight but it can be done. Maybe get one of those legit jacks with the double wheels on it.

Would it be too wide if I just put it sideways?

Ummmmmmm............... Have to look.

It's close... but it would be legal. Max lane width is 8.5'. (103") The '96 XP is 100" long.

BUT........

It would be harder to load and unload since you would have to put the trailer in enough to get the rear ski off... then back up more to get the next... and then the third. When they are in a line... you can float the rear skis, and just pull the third.

Ummmmmmm............... Have to look.

It's close... but it would be legal. Max lane width is 8.5'. (103") The '96 XP is 100" long.

BUT........

It would be harder to load and unload since you would have to put the trailer in enough to get the rear ski off... then back up more to get the next... and then the third. When they are in a line... you can float the rear skis, and just pull the third.

Maximum Federal legal width is 102" and you will need clearance lights.

Maximum Federal legal width is 102" and you will need clearance lights.

What's an inch between friends. LOL.

The funny thing is..... My islandia.... the girth is over the width of the trailer... and with my guide poles on the back... I'm pushing 10'.

Attachments

• IMG_2487.JPG
    IMG_2487.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 17
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back