Proper Volts at battery 99 GSX?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

burtshaver2021

Premium Member
Premium Member
Hi, I have a 99 GSX RFI, not sure what the volts should be reading at the battery at idle? I tested and it was 13.2 to 13.3. The reason I tested was last time we were out we had to restart the machine 3 or 4 times due to boats coming in while we were leaving the no wake zone and battery got low and would not start

Last edited by a moderator:
I will try reving it to 4500 rpm’s and see what I get. You mentioned 13.5 volts at idle was perfect, am I ok to say the 99 GSX RFI is fine at the 13.2 to 13.3 I’m getting at idle? And ok for the other 2 97 GSX 13.2 volts at idle and the 95 XP 13.7 volts at idle but I believe my rpm’s were a bit higher than the recommended 3000 on it. Thank you

I will try reving it to 4500 rpm’s and see what I get. You mentioned 13.5 volts at idle was perfect, am I ok to say the 99 GSX RFI is fine at the 13.2 to 13.3 I’m getting at idle? And ok for the other 2 97 GSX 13.2 volts at idle and the 95 XP 13.7 volts at idle but I believe my rpm’s were a bit higher than the recommended 3000 on it. Thank you
That should still be fine at idle.

Just posting here some information for myself so I have it handy if needed. Battery Volts should not fall below 12 volts while cranking

Back