Project boat

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

BajaBlast

Has anyone placed a sea doo engine and pump in a Baja Blast before? I have had way too many problems over the years with the Mercury Sport Jet 90 and would like to take the entire thing out and replace with a Sea Doo drive system. Anything over 80 HP I think would work great, possibly from a older Sea Doo PWC??? Any suggestions would be great

It can be done. Hardest part would be motor to pump alignment. and you would need to get a custom drive shaft made. If your lucky youllbe able to machine your original one to fit new motor.

Thanks for reply

I was hoping to find the complete engine and pump and drop the entire old set-up out of the boat, will require some fiberglass work but would prefer to have the complete sea-doo system (engine and pump). Sorry guys if I dont have the jargon down yet (I'm used to outboards, gearcases, etc.). Just wondering about price and future part availability, I know my ski-doo sleds have been great for years!!

I was hoping to find the complete engine and pump and drop the entire old set-up out of the boat, will require some fiberglass work but would prefer to have the complete sea-doo system (engine and pump). Sorry guys if I dont have the jargon down yet (I'm used to outboards, gearcases, etc.). Just wondering about price and future part availability, I know my ski-doo sleds have been great for years!!

If your good at fiberglassing then find a complet pwc that cheap maybe one that has hull damage. this will be the cheapest way to get all the part you will need.

It seems, the 717 or even the 787 would be a pretty good match for what you want to do.

You would need to measure the shafts of the PWC verses the boats and see which one might (there is going to be modifications) be close to what your looking for.

If your going with the motor, like you have already stated, you'll need the pump too..........

Motor mounts and fiberglass work is going to be a must along with the entire electrical systems from the unit you pull...........:cheers:

Back