Problem with 98 GTX Carbed 951

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

TLH101

I need some help with this one. Today I took the '98 GTX, with a new top end and carb rebuilds, out for a little water time. Starts, runs, accelerated fine. Issue is, up to 43 - 4400 rpm, she cruises just great. If you try to go above 43-4400 rpm, it rockets right to 5900 rpm. There is no middle ground between 4400 and 5900. The speed goes up to ~45-50mph as well, so not prop slippage or cavitation. Max rpm is about 6880 at about 55+ mph. Altitude is 4400 ft. There are no other issues with the ski. I checked the rave caps and they are screwed all the way down, as designed. I pinched the vacuum line to the raves, with a hemostat, and there was no change. Everything is all good except not being able to drive at a normal "cruise" range.
Any ideas?

When's the last time you cleaned the Raves? Try to see what happens if you screw the rave set screws out and release some tension off those springs.

Fresh top end, raves are super clean with new O-rings and gaskets. Tried in and out on the caps. No change.

Have rave caps with viewing holes drilled in them to observe the valves. Working perfectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back