pressure in fuel tank

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

rodney

had to take tank out and clean it also put in new fuel filter. i put fresh gas in used the highest grade of gas in it took sea doo to lake to test run it ran great started to die out and it picked back up quickly for five minutes and died had to pull choke out to start it any way brought it home would not start moved gas cap and it had presure i releaved the presure cracked right up . ok ? is it suposed to have that kind of presure

Pressure

check your fuel hoses that bleed air to the atmosphere. There will be a hose that leaves the tank and goes out to the side of the hull or inside the nose compartment. If you look under OEM Parts online there is a diagram that shows this hose that could be clogged. Check this for algae build up if the ski sits in the water or if above water check the area to make sure a dirt doper or insect tried to found a new home.

check your fuel hoses that bleed air to the atmosphere. There will be a hose that leaves the tank and goes out to the side of the hull or inside the nose compartment. If you look under OEM Parts online there is a diagram that shows this hose that could be clogged. Check this for algae build up if the ski sits in the water or if above water check the area to make sure a dirt doper or insect tried to found a new home.

i did check to see if the hose was cloded before i put the fuel tank back in i blew threw the hose and it was clear i also marked the lines as i took them off i hoping i didn`t cross my breather hose to my return hose going back to lake tomorrow ill let you know

Also running fuel above 87 octane is a waste of money...it is designed to run on 87. Unless it starts to ping or if you can't get any non-ethanol fuel would you want to run 91 or higher.

Karl

It's normal for the tank to be pressurized, the tank must not openly vent to atmosphere. Are you sure it wasn't vacuum? If your check valves in the vent lines are plugged, a vacuum will build up in the tank and impede the fuel pumps ability to pull fuel from the tank.
All PWC's will have some pressure in the tank on a warm day, it's normal.

Chester

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back