'premium' members

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

EMT369

I love how you have to subscribe to be a premium member in order to get professional replies yet the moderators pick and choose who to reply to in the basic member sections!:rant:

Supply and Demand.......

Premium members support the forum so people like you can come in here and still get "free" answers to problems that they have with their watercraft. My service to them comes first, they pay for it!:hurray:

And if you think the moderators are the only ones in this forum who are professional, I got some land in Antartica for sale, cheap, you want to buy it?:rofl:

I'd like to take a moment to recognize all the forum member/mechanics in here who have been doing this all their life. Thank you sincerely for all your help. Even when you hear from the un-grateful, you continue to help. Again, thanks!.........:cheers:

And to all those members who came in here and didn't even know what a RAVE was, learned about it and continued to learn and are now passing your knowledge on to others, thank you too!.............that's what makes this the #1 forum on the internet. It's members, even the un-grateful ones!

Last edited by a moderator:
ok.. :chillpill: that totally went over your head and your reply had no reference to my comment. I never once said moderators were the only professionals. What i said was moderators slip into this forum, the non-paying forum, because its rediculous to have to pay to help each other out in a sport we all enjoy, and they pick and choose who to respond to...and dont try to tell me that charging helps keep the site running because there are much larger sites that dont charge a dime and continue to grow (i.e myspace, etc) It simply puts money in your pocket for 'helping' people out. You reply to non-premium members in the non-paying section but only a handful of them. If you're going to charge to be a premium member, and only allow 'professional expert' advice in your premium section, which your site quotes that, (not letting us non-paying members post in there) then stay in that forum...

ok.. :chillpill: that totally went over your head and your reply had no reference to my comment. I never once said moderators were the only professionals. What i said was moderators slip into this forum, the non-paying forum, because its rediculous to have to pay to help each other out in a sport we all enjoy, and they pick and choose who to respond to...and dont try to tell me that charging helps keep the site running because there are much larger sites that dont charge a dime and continue to grow (i.e myspace, etc) It simply puts money in your pocket for 'helping' people out. You reply to non-premium members in the non-paying section but only a handful of them. If you're going to charge to be a premium member, and only allow 'professional expert' advice in your premium section, which your site quotes that, (not letting us non-paying members post in there) then stay in that forum...

Wow.....I don't even know where to begin!!!

You are obviously misinformed....especially with the myspace comment. myspace generates revenue from advertising, companies are willing to pay up the a$$ to advertise on myspace due to the sheer volume of hits myspace recieves.

You should have used YouTube as an example (much less advetising)....but I would have had an answer for that too!!

Next about the moderators. They do not get paid, they are all volunteer. There are cost to upkeeping a webpage (servers, domain names, forum software, etc) and obvioulsy some of the money is kept as profits by the founders of the forum. However, the moderators are all volunteering their time to help out everyone on the forum and it only makes sense that 'paying members' get helped more quickly. If you were paying for something would you not expect faster/better service?? It only makes sense!!

Take a look through the 'free' forum, you will see hundreds of post by people such as KustomKarl and SeadooSnipe, both moderators, who have helped tons of people who do not 'pay' for premium memberships!!

Nobody is forcing you to be here, if you do not like the forum or think there is something better out there, by all means use it instead. You are the first person I have seen complain about getting free advice....give your head a shake!! If you had paid for a membership and weren't getting any help there would be some merrit to your complaints! Even then....you would have been able to download a manual for a small fraction of the price!

Matt

Well said..........

Well said DCKD and thanks for being one of the members in this forum who provide excellent mechanical advice and feedback for our members (yours and mine). This has always been a happy place to work and I've only come across one other un-happy person since being here.

I wasn't going to mention the fact that moderators donate their time in here as a hobby. I came in over a year ago, looking for an answer about my speedo. But, noticed others were looking for info on something I knew about. I replied. After several replies, I was asked by one of the administrators if I'd consider being a moderator. I agreed. I've been here ever since.

I'm sorry you are obviously one of those people that think everything in life should be free. You have to pay an ISP to get online and I have been to several sites that have membership dues. I'm a member of "classmates.com" for which I pay monthly. I was a free member for a while, then because I was receiving a benefit from being there, I decided to support their network.

This is a business where there is no major corporation backing it financially. You or me have no idea on how much the owners put into this, with their own money, or what they are getting back. That's none of our business. What is my business is that I treat everyone as fair as I possibly can and that I answer post and threads as I can or see fit. If I did want to pick and choose, then that is my business. I spend more time in the "free" section of the forum than I do in the premium section. But I'm not here to answer just threads. I also come in to ban the spammers, arrange posts in the proper section, close threads that are no longer used and other things that are behind the scenes, that you don't know about. I also read a lot of the threads but make no posts, because the members that are posting advice, to help the member that created the thread, has done a good job and provided adequate advice for the member, so I don't see a need to respond.

So as not to have this thread become negative, I'm going to leave it at that. I will leave this thread open for additional comments. I don't see this thread as part of a healthy topic for the forum or this section of the forum, for that reason, I'm moving it to "off topic". But in all fairness, I will leave it open for a few days in order to hear other comments. If the thread turns negative or gets out of hand, I will close it. If it violates our TOS, I will close it. :cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back