Possible to wire 2 separate MPEMs on Challenge 1800?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
still no spark on my 97 Challenger starboard engine. Verified magneto and trigger coil good, test light on coil white wire still does not light up when engine is cranked over. Even swapped start buttons to see if that was it. No go. I see the cdi is integrated into the MPEM. I have a 96 XP parts ski but of course it's different MPEM. I really don't want to drop 700 plus on a used MPEM so looking for options like maybe 2 separate 787 pwc units, but unsure how to wire up, or some way to run a separate cdi to the starboard side. Would love to get on the water asap and it's frustrating.......how fast can a 97 challenger go on one engine?

There is a company online that combines 2 ski MPEMs I to one for boats. Not sure of price. My (limited) opinion is you could make 2 work with 2 keys. My 96 Speedster cannot get on plane with one engine, but will stay on plane I with one. Learned the hard way with a 8 mile ride back to launch that if you start running bad, you will NOT get back on plane with one engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back