No spark

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Tmac55

I have a 1999 Seadoo Sportster 1800 with twin 717.
I was out for the day and both engines ran fine till I throttled in a no wake zone and the starboard engine started to stumble then quite and wouldn’t restart but cranked.
Got home dusted the port and then y the starboard started. Went out the next week and got 500’ from the ramp and it did the same stumbling and quit. Now I have no spark. I have changed the coil with plug wire and all so the spark plugs, replaced the stator/generator and also had the MPEM checked for spark and it is good but still no spark. Also put a test light to the white wire to the coil and it will flash when cranking but if I attach it to the coil it doesn’t flash while cranking.
One other thing is about a second or two I hear a click I believe from the MPEM.
Any ideas is there some sensor shutting it down???

if the problem was intermittent i would be checking the grounds. clean all corrosion, something may have come loose. i would then move to the big plugs into the mpem. Those little pins need to make good contact. you could spray an electrical contact cleaner in there to see if it helps. make sure you are disconnecting the battery when working on the electrical system. these mpems are very sensitive to surges.

I have a 1999 Seadoo Sportster 1800 with twin 717.
I was out for the day and both engines ran fine till I throttled in a no wake zone and the starboard engine started to stumble then quite and wouldn’t restart but cranked.
Got home dusted the port and then y the starboard started. Went out the next week and got 500’ from the ramp and it did the same stumbling and quit. Now I have no spark. I have changed the coil with plug wire and all so the spark plugs, replaced the stator/generator and also had the MPEM checked for spark and it is good but still no spark. Also put a test light to the white wire to the coil and it will flash when cranking but if I attach it to the coil it doesn’t flash while cranking.
One other thing is about a second or two I hear a click I believe from the MPEM.
Any ideas is there some sensor shutting it down???
You said you had the MPEM checked for spark ?
What did they check exactly ?

And what was the outcome off all your tests… did you ever get spark or did you buy another MPEM?

Back