port side Temperature sensor beeping on a Challenger 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

youssef

I am new here, just bought a SeaDoo Challenger 2000 with M2 jet drive 240EFI. The boat runs great, engine starts great, speeds fine and does up to 52 Mph. My only problem is most of the time I get a beep (overheat beep) once I switch the key on even before I run the engine. The reason I am saying overheat warning beep is after searching I decided to disconnect the tan/blue wire from Temperature sensor on the port side (13536A14). Once I disconnect this wire the beeping stop, but when I connect it the beeping starts most of the time and sometime it does not beep for a minute or two then starts. This happens once I switch the key even with the engine not running. Does this mean that the temperature sensor is bad and need to be replaced or could it be something else like a short circuit.

Thanks for your replay, to be sure before spending money, I took the sensor out while keeping the wires connected and the beeping stopped. but when I touched the tan/blu wire with my finger the beeping started again. Funny, even body temp cause it to beep, so at least now I am sure its a bad sensor and placed order for a new one.

Thanks for your replay, to be sure before spending money, I took the sensor out while keeping the wires connected and the beeping stopped. but when I touched the tan/blu wire with my finger the beeping started again. Funny, even body temp cause it to beep, so at least now I am sure its a bad sensor and placed order for a new one.

Make sure you have water out of the pee hole. In the water. Maybe not on a hose.

Yes, there is water coming out of the pee hole on the back of the boat and its warm not hot, also placing my hand on the block I can feel its not burning hot, Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back