1994 GTS Temperature Sensor

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

gusthebus

So far have gone through 3 aftermarket brands for the 1994 GTS Temperature Sensor, every single one gives the me the error beep for engine overheating, even if it is dead cold. I was wondering what brand you guys suggest. Thanks.

What I did recently, which is probably incorrect. Is I bought a used one and then to test it. I flashed a lighter under it. Maybe you have an underlying issue. I am a novice.

What I did recently, which is probably incorrect. Is I bought a used one and then to test it. I flashed a lighter under it. Maybe you have an underlying issue. I am a novice.
I’ll check out that lighter method, when I unplug from the sensor, it stops so it’s probably just bad sensors. Don’t know though.

The sensors are a simple switch that closes at a set temperature.

Easy test with a multi-meter. It should not have any continuity when at room temperature, if it does it is bad.

The sensors are a simple switch that closes at a set temperature.

Easy test with a multi-meter. It should not have any continuity when at room temperature, if it does it is bad.
Continuity does not occur at room temperature on any of them. I have used Duralast Temp Sensor TU89 and a Titan 757 Performance OEM replacement sensor. I’m at a lost.

Then you have a short somewhere else.
All the sensor does is ground the wire which activates the beeper.

Just an idea, turn it on without the wires connected to the sensor, see if it still goes off. That may tell you that the wire is shorted some where.

Back