Port and polish a DI engine?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan

If I port my 01 GTX DI will the DI system automatically inject the extra fuel the motor will need or will it need to be programmed?

Port?

My first thoughts are that it would as long as you didn't over port. Your only talking about how much quicker the engine can breath, not necessarily how much more fuel can be added. If you port, allowing the engine to breath better and faster, then you'll just increase the ability for the injection system to add fuel faster....not necessarily more....Porting will increase response time, it may not increase top end.....you'll just get there faster.
That's an opinion. There is no technical data to stand behind it. It's my analytical view point......... :hat:

Lean?

I dont' think it would lean out on you, because like I said, your just providing faster response by port and polishing.
I would look for other input on this though. Like I said, it's only my point of view and it's based on port and polishing my heads in a high performance engine I built many years ago.
I'd ask that you solicit more responses on the issue before making a hard core decision........:hat:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back