Poor Initial Throttle Reponse

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

natedog244

Good day,
I am new to the forum and a new PWC owner. I have a 98 XP and took it out for the first time this weekend. At times I am experiencing poor throttle response. This is extenuated at initial take off and in hard turns.

The owners manual says to use 87 octane so that's what I put in it. Should I use 91? I also pulled the plugs and they looked pretty dirty. Could part of the problem be bad plugs?

Thanks for helping a newbie.

That seadoo is designed to run on 87 octane. Yes, the plugs are fouled, replace them and gap them properly.

Karl

Impeller

If you see lots of daylight between your impeller and wear ring in the pump.
It will make your ski under powered. Feels like its wheeelspinning if it were a car.
New impeller and wear ring needed. You'll notice the difference straight away.

Is you ski running pre mix or oil tank.
We get 97 octane fuel over here in England and it makes abig dfference in power top end speed. 95 octane is the cheeper option and ski's run fine on this.

I did notice a little bit of daylight between the impeller and seal. The impeller is also a little worn on the edges. I'll tackle that next. I changed the pluggs and it made a huge difference.

Thanks for the advise with the impleller.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back