PFD and DESS key!!!!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

sporsterjoel

Ok just posted in another thread and made me think off this... How many people wear a PFD and use the dess key while driving there seadoo sport "BOAT" :confused: I know i never do, Im thinkin a should at lease clip the dess key on me...

Arizona doesn't require you to wear a vest on boat, just to have them on the vessel. I never wear one on the boat. However, a few months ago after hearing tales from a boat mechanic about people crashing their boats and flying off, I have started connecting the dess key to my swin trunks....

I never wear a vest when I am in a boat...but I do usually hook the kill switch up to me somehow....you never know what is going to happen...it is always best to be safe!

Matt

Not a law here either just wondering what other people do.I never wearon during the day on any of my boats but I alway 100% wear one at night though, i almost fell of a 30ft doral at night and wasnt wear a pfd next day when i was sober i clued in that it could of been a bad situation. we hit the wake off a friends boat and i was standing and well drunk and couldnt see the wake so wasnt ready for it and almost fliped out the back.

When I go playing by myself jumping waves I wear a pfd. I also always attach the lanyard either to my shorts belt loop or to the pfd. I have been air born in my 200 speedster at 50+...6-8 feet out of the water ...on the edge of loss control and looking sideways at the water....it only happened couple times but better safe than sorry. (I pack extra undies too...just in case) :ack: :rofl:

Karl

Last edited by a moderator:
When I go playing by myself jumping waves I wear a pfd. I also always attach the lanyard either to my shorts belt loop or to the pfd. I have been air born in my 200 speedster at 50+...6-8 feet out of the water ...on the edge of loss control and looking sideways at the water....it only happened couple times but better safe than sorry. (I pack extra undies too...just in case) :ack: :rofl:

Karl

:agree:I fully concur with Karl. I don't know what the laws here (I think they are NOT required for boats) but I always wear my PFD and the DESS is hooked to my PFD.

I have also been airborne... not fun to think about the myriad things that could happen in a 3000# boat going 40+ and 6 foot off the deck (but quite the p***** if you come out the other side! :cool:)

Cerb

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back