p codes on IS models

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

mudpie

BRP has put out a new bulletin for false codes on iS MODELS
this is for 2009 GTX LTD. iS and RXT iS models.

They say that re-occuring trouble codes are leading to un-needed parts replacements. Trouble codes P-0232 AND C-2232 can pop up for no reason.
BRP wants software to be up-dated if you experiance these codes.

Bulletin 2009-3
Campaign 2009-0004

mud

Last edited by a moderator:
Bulletin..?

BRP has put out a new bulletin for false codes on iS MODELS
this is for 2009 GTX LTD. iS and RXT iS models.

They say that re-occuring trouble codes are leading to un-needed parts replacements. Trouble codes P-0232 AND C-2232 can pop up for no reason.
BRP wants software to be up-dated if you experiance these codes.

Bulletin 2009-3
Campaign 2009-0004

mud

I have not come across this bulletin as of yet but in the event anyone should come across these P-Codes, I think it prudent that you address the problems as stated by mudpie.:cheers:

Dealerships

I don't think there is a link. Mudpie works for a dealership or a service center where BRP updates to their service manuals are sent to them specifically, not us.

If you would like, you can PM mudpie and see if there is anyother info he can give you on this, there isn't much more for me to tell you.

I don't think there is a link. Mudpie works for a dealership or a service center where BRP updates to their service manuals are sent to them specifically, not us.

If you would like, you can PM mudpie and see if there is anyother info he can give you on this, there isn't much more for me to tell you.

ok. thanks heaps.

soory been busy
im a computer noob!!! wouldnt know how to
the bulletin tells how some skis throw these to codes for no reason
shops have been replacing parts to try to get it fix
but only to have the codes show up again
brp states that its a software issue that is causing the codes to throw
what they are doing is update the software in the skis computers
mud

Sea Doo RXT iS 255 - Fault code C2251

Hi

I just bought a 2009 RXT iS 255 and it pops out the message MAINT REQUIRED and the fault code C2251. The engine is running ok.

Anyone knows what does it mean and what should I do?

Gustavo

It is good news that those codes are false. I would prefer to get the 10 hours on it before i take it to get serviced! How many other people have got the code?

There is a search box in the forum for members. If you type those fault codes into the search box, you may get an answer. I do very little in the way of troubleshooting these iS models, or many of the newer SCIC 4-TEC's. The main reason is because 90% of the time, there really isn't much anyone can do without the B.U.D.S. software. Seadoo has all but stopped the shade tree mechanic from working on these watercraft.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back