Buds system is it worth it.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Djm2U

So I found an add with the buds system and software. Here is the add:

Sea doo skidoo can am mpi1 software and hardware. Bought off ebay will work from models 1997 to 2010. Comes with software key that does not expire. Have used the system for 5 years with NO problems. NO lowball offers if you know what this system is you know its worth the money. A must in working on any brp product. Program keys and mpem replacement check trouble codes and trace electrical problems.

I have a 2010 seadoo 210 wake boat and a 1997 seadoo gtx. Do you think I would re coupe the $1800.00 asking price for this system over the next 6 years servicing my units?

Well I do need a key programed for my ski. And I was thinking I could do keys and other resets on the cheep for people in my area. Im a licensed auto mechanic so I figure since im learning how to service my boat and ski I could help others with basic stuff. And end up with a system to use on my stuff.

I guess im really curious if that is a good fair price for the system?

I believe the unlimited one is $2198 http://candoopro.com/?all-in-one-diagnostic-store,16

We bought the Home version for $400 and got 4 Vin's and will get another 5 at a time for $250.

I believe it's well worth the $400 one as we've already "saved" the $400 in stupid shop fees looking at some seadoos we have.

My question on the $1800 one is that every year you pay a $39 upgrade/software fee (for the home version anyway) - will this
still be possible without issues - and is this fact guaranteed.

For your case, I'd charge $75 or so for the key plus $$ for the diagnostic. That way you get the VIN cost covered and you have a
machine for your own use.

I believe BUDS is the "official" diagnostic system used by Seadoo and CanDoo is an after market version of the same
or very similar system. You can not get a BUDS system unless you are a Seadoo dealer (IIRC). I also seem to remember
that buying a used BUDS has some issue with the yearly update as it must be registered BUDS system - but I could be very
wrong about that. It also does make sense that Seadoo makes BUDS a proprietary system - hence the Candoo market opportunity

The home version allows you to register 4 SeaDoo's, the commercial version is unlimited.

Lou

Yep and now I remember that 15 is the VIN limit of the home version, then you have to buy another $400 unit in
order to continue with another maximum 15 VINs. Then repeat...repeat...repeat...interesting thing though - you get
4 with the initial home system...you can buy 5 for $250 twice and then you have one VIN you have to pay bigger $$
for. It would be nice if you got 5 out of the box...

This is good thread here on it.

http://www.seadooforum.com/showthread.php?49095-Questions-about-Candoo-limited

i just bought a mpi 1 and handheld for 1000 off ebay last month the mpi does have a key that expires you can trick it bye turning the dates back on your computer but both items are nice to have 1800 is high i just seen another mpi 1 go for 850 on ebay last week shop around there is a place you can buy the new mpi 2 for 1100 then you have to buy the key code for what you want to use it for
So I found an add with the buds system and software. Here is the add:

Sea doo skidoo can am mpi1 software and hardware. Bought off ebay will work from models 1997 to 2010. Comes with software key that does not expire. Have used the system for 5 years with NO problems. NO lowball offers if you know what this system is you know its worth the money. A must in working on any brp product. Program keys and mpem replacement check trouble codes and trace electrical problems.

I have a 2010 seadoo 210 wake boat and a 1997 seadoo gtx. Do you think I would re coupe the $1800.00 asking price for this system over the next 6 years servicing my units?

Back