Other then simple math

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

dlowings

In what way does the new 260 hp perform over last the 215 hp? Does this bump up the top end speed, or is this just off the line power ?

Not that I can afford it, but I do like the sound of the number lol...

260?...

In what way does the new 260 hp perform over last the 215 hp? Does this bump up the top end speed, or is this just off the line power ?

Not that I can afford it, but I do like the sound of the number lol...

I have not seen or heard of a 260 hp Rotax engine yet. But, I have also not gone over all the specs for the 2010 models.

But, I can tell you, the mandated speed by the U.S. Coast Guard for personal watercraft is set for 70 mph. No watercraft bought on the open market can exceed this speed.

You can of course, buy parts and mod to surpass this speed. Checking your local laws where you use your watercraft would be advisable. Here, we do not have a speed limit on our river or bay area. But, if a Marine Patrol officer sees you in excess of 70 mph, he will likely pull you over and ticket you for careless operation of a watercraft. That's not a speeding ticket but one of public safety.

I think in part, the departments responsible for public safety, do not want citizens capable of buying something that will outperform their own ablilty in catching you in the event you've committed a crime.:cheers:

New 2010 GTX Limited

Supercharged, intercooled ...260 hp Supercharged Intercooled Rotax 4-TEC
1,494 cc four-stroke, engine provides reliable ultra-high
Rotax SOHC with four performance in fresh or saltwater, increased
valves per cylinder torque at low RPM, optimized power at all RPM levels
and throttle positions.

Must just have more take off power, like you said I know the Coast Gaurd has that 70 mph deal going on :(

2010's...

Yeah, I figured they must have one coming. I haven't gotten all my updated data on the 2010 modesl yet. Question is, where does it stop?

I made a thread a few years ago, kidding Karl that I was waiting on the new 2012 TXT-X. It was going to be their newest product line to the Rotax engine. Equipped with a TXR-71 mini gas turbine engine (with after burners), it was to be capable of spitting out 475 horse power. When you accelerate close to 100 mph, the nose had a drop down hydrofoil and the rear sponsons had hydroils that automatically dropped down to lift the hull 8"s off the surface of the water to create less drag. Top speed, 140 mph.

Of course, this was all fantasy. But, who's to say in 10 years or so, we don't see a different engine design that radically changes the present configuration of the 4-TEC engine. When it was first produced in 2001, I don't think anyone expected to see the change from the 130hp of the 2 strokes increase to over 255 horses...................so, I guess the ski is the limit!:cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back