Other Hobbies

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
90 is wayyyy to warm for me. If I was on the water I would be good with it. It was a sad day here with the last ride, clean up and winterize on the XP. If it is warm enough the XP might find it's way to the river on new years day.

When I got back from the ride I noticed all the sleds had come out of hibernation and were slowly working their way towards the garage. Creature was in front, that trouble maker, looking to get some work done so he can squeak past last years 102.

Update: The temps leveled out so I pulled the XP back out for another couple of rides! The ice is starting to form on the river, all ponds are crusted over.

Attachments

• 20191005_103928.jpg
    20191005_103928.jpg
    7.7 MB · Views: 23
Last edited:
Just found this thread so will add my interests, and there are MANY.
1) Vintage VWs - have a '56 ragtop beetle under restoration and a '67 Westfalia bus with 58k on it, 2nd owner.
2) Midcentury home remodeling/restoration (currently adding a 1300sf attached shop, working on wiring currently)
3) Woodworking, and old woodworking machines. The average age of my big machines is 1940 but I have stuff going back to 1905. I have a few machines under restoration, but most of them are done and working. I have a 1970 Clausing 12X36 metal lathe but would not consider myself proficient--not by a long shot.
4) Homebrewing; I have been an avid homebrewer since 1999. Basement bar has six beers on tap. Right now I am propane powered but am in the process of converting to full electric.

I just got this tractor running last fall. It was sitting in my father in law's barn since the early 80's unable to roll. It was my wife's grandfather's tractor. The transmission and ring/pinion were rusted solid.I had to hunt down the parts and rebuild it.I have been driving it around for fun.

View attachment 40225View attachment 40226View attachment 40227View attachment 40228

He forgot to fog the transmission. :) Nice work man. Big job and finding the parts too !! I love saving the old stuff. Someone asked me about restoring a 1952 Ford 8N tractor it being an antique. I said... Antique I know lots of people with those tractors and they use them every day. LOL Those tractors are almost 70 years old and still getting it done better than the new ones . Isn't that amazing? Of course my airplane is 48 years old. :)

Just found this thread so will add my interests, and there are MANY.
1) Vintage VWs - have a '56 ragtop beetle under restoration and a '67 Westfalia bus with 58k on it, 2nd owner.
2) Midcentury home remodeling/restoration (currently adding a 1300sf attached shop, working on wiring currently)
3) Woodworking, and old woodworking machines. The average age of my big machines is 1940 but I have stuff going back to 1905. I have a few machines under restoration, but most of them are done and working. I have a 1970 Clausing 12X36 metal lathe but would not consider myself proficient--not by a long shot.
4) Homebrewing; I have been an avid homebrewer since 1999. Basement bar has six beers on tap. Right now I am propane powered but am in the process of converting to full electric.

Need pictures man. Not the cars... the machines and Bar. :D

Air cooled VW's and 2-stroke Seadoo skis must tickle the same part of the brain or something. I've seen several guys with both in the garage or in they're history. RacerXXX has won car show awards with his.

I was an absolute freak for them as a kid. I flipped mowers and chainsaws to get the money to buy them and had 40 different VW's before I was 20 years old. Back then they were in backyards everywhere with grass growing up around them for 100-300 bucks.

Other hobbies? Sleds! It's like jet skis but the water is frozen lol

This winter has been sucky for Upstate NY though, the closest trails to me have only been open for a total of 3 days all winter. Thanks global warming...

IMG_20200201_130116~2.jpg

Other hobbies? Sleds! It's like jet skis but the water is frozen lol

This winter has been sucky for Upstate NY though, the closest trails to me have only been open for a total of 3 days all winter. Thanks global warming...

View attachment 46512

Climate change is just a media created hoax remember?

Here in California we are 6.3" below average for rainfall this year, and our average rainfall to date is 6.2". We had no measurable rain in February and that hasn't happened since 1997. So at this point we are below even a drought year on rainfall.

Climate change is just a media created hoax remember?

Here in California we are 6.3" below average for rainfall this year, and our average rainfall to date is 6.2". We had no measurable rain in February and that hasn't happened since 1997. So at this point we are below even a drought year on rainfall.

Wish I could send you guys some of our rain and excess water. Lake Ontario (and I think the other great lakes too) has been WAY too high lately. To the point where there's a 5 mph speed limit on the bay and a certain distance from shore in the lake in order to avoid property damage from wakes. In some cases people's yards are under 1ft of water. I saw a bunch of jet skiiers get tickets for speeding too close to shore. I have to take the jet skis way out into the lake where the water is super cold in order to ride, at basically crawling speed to get out there

summer - Jet skiing
winter - Bowling. been bowling for 25+ years

i also collect NES/SNES/N64 games.

Attachments

• 20200126_100911.jpg
    20200126_100911.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 10
Way too much rain on our end as well. I get excited when I can cut grass. Freakin ridiculous weather two years in a row.

I guess it makes sense because of the climate most of the forum members live in, but I was definitely expecting there to be more snowmobiles in this thread

Idk if this is allowed or not, if it needs to be moved, admin please do so. Anyways, I haven't seen any topics about this but thought I would start this post for everyone to participate in. Other hobbies. What are other hobbies you all participate in, other than sea doos?

Me, I do a lot of offroad stuff.
I have a 2018 rzr turbo
2 race ready Honda 450r's

And I have a street rod truck
2001 Ford lightning

How about everyone else?View attachment 38736View attachment 38737View attachment 38738
wow, just wow!!! thanks for sharing

Back