OOPS -used wrong antifreeze

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeM1

Hi

I used an RV plumbing antifreeze in my 1997 seadoo challenger (twin 110 hp)that is good to -50 degrees C. The container states on the back "for use in plastic pipes only, not designed as antifreeze in internal comustion engines". I realize this should be changed but is it absolutely necessary? What are the impacts? We have already had sustained below zero days.

Sincerely
SHRTIF (should have read the instructions first)

You'll be fine

You wont have any problems, a lot of people use RV antifreeze for winterizing their boats and skis. When it says not for use in internal combustion engines, it is talking about being used as a permanent antifreeze in a radiator.

Aaron

Plastic pipe type antifreeze( used in RV's) will do nothing but keep the water from freezing...and that's all what it is about. Not to worry.

Karl

Saved You ???

Mike I would get that antifreeze out of there pronto, because it will cause corrosion. Simple as that. Why risk an expensive boat for $ 5.00 ?

A good general rule for all mechanical undertakings -
A good mechanic uses the right tool for the job.. that includes parts and fluids.

Would you fly in a 737 with the wrong fluids in the engines ?

My family used to manufacturer RV Antifreeze you are OK its the best thing to use and its envio friendly not like the auto and some others. Helps when flushing out in the spring dont have to worry about it hitting the ground.

And your not flying its simply to stop it from freezing :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Most people start them in there drive way in spring so don't kill fish your kids or your animals with ethylene glycol. You can drink Propylene Glycol without dying.

Yeah the Pink is the better to use actually just because it is enviro friendly. My Seadoo mechanic uses nothing but the pink to winterize. Everyone should be starting their boat/ski in the spring before putting it in the lake. At least if you start it the first time in the water the pink won't kill the fish in the lake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back