Oops. Engine ate a bolt

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Jdal

Ok so I put on a new carborator and it was running great until it seized. Back on shore pull air cleaner.notice bolt holding air cleaner to carb is missing. Only one place that could have gone. Tore engine apart and sure enough it was in the case but not before doing a number on the rotary valve, shaft and upper block. Is it possible to epoxy or fill the grooves or do I nees to find anther block?

Attachments

• 20230603_084955.jpg
    20230603_084955.jpg
    568.9 KB · Views: 10
  • 20230603_084947.jpg
    20230603_084947.jpg
    613.6 KB · Views: 10
I think most people will say to find a good used block since they are not too expensive. But I would be most curious if you would be able to fill those in with epoxy. Something tells me it would work but you will run the risk of it coming undone and getting you stranded up the creek with no paddle. Do you have 1 or 2 engines on your boat?

Thanks for the reply, I went ahead and ordered a new block. I figured it would be faster to get back on the water anyway. I may still try the repair to see if it works regardless. The boat is a twin engine and the lake I run on is small so no worries about stranding. I will probably dremel in some undercuts to give the epoxy something to bite and then machine the whole face. if nothing comes loose in that process I suspect it will work.

Back