Old guy selling his 96 XP

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Durb

Now 69, I'm the original owner of my always garaged, never beached Sea-Doo. After a Shasta house boat trip I will be selling my ski. The boat looks great and runs and handles like stink. My questions are: Do all the performance modifications I have done add or detract from the selling price? Is the market good for old 2 strokes as I don't see many of them for sale on CL? Is Craigslist the best way to market the boat?

Some of the mods are: UMI steering, billet controls, Group K Sleeper kit, after market hood, Solas SS prop, rev limiter, hull extensions, Prox air cleaners, more.

Those parts really add nothing to the resale value. You would be better off pulling them and selling separately as long as you have the stock stuff to go back on the ski.

Used skis are at an all time high this year so now is the time to sell.

I have a full UMI steering setup for my 96 XP. You only get one time to fuck up the hole to install it. Yikes [emoji15]

Unfortunately, I didn't keep the old hood or steering assembly. Out of all the mods I did, the UMI and hull extensions were the best to improve the comfort and handling performance of the boat. The ability to move forward eliminated the porpoising. Don't recall having to hog out the hole but that was over twenty years ago.

I'd list it as is, you'll sell it. Not many days you see a 1 owner very clean 96' XP with a bunch of goodies. Stick a price on it and see...I'd start at $3900 to $4500. Somebody on the FB page recently sold a basically stock restored 93' SP for $3500.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back