Oil Pump Alingmnet 787

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff_5_7

Ok i lost my top end on memorial day because lack of oil in the cylinders. I had just installed the motor and dont think my oil pump was set right. I dont want to switch to premix. What do i need to do to make sure my oil pumping is working correctly so i wont blow the top end again.

How can i make sure it is pumping oil?
How does the arm need to be set at idel and full throttle

Please help me with this as it is very important to keeping my motor running.

if you get a service manual, there is a test for your pump. Basically, you hook it to a drill and measure the output on each side.

Off the top of my head, I don't know how much oil is needed for your engine.

When you put in the new engine, did you make sure the oil lines were bled? Did you install a new filter? Did you check to see if there were any restrictions? (the nipples in the manifold can get clogged)

When you set the pump, you set the idle of the engine... and then you make sure that the line on the arm, is in line with the mark on the pump body. As long as there isn't any slack in the cable from the carb... it should be working properly.

Using a drill, 1500 RPM's, 30 seconds, 0.71 to 0.87 on each side of the pump. (counterclockwise, and hold the arm to full)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back