Oil light, need quick fix

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

X3racer

I’m having trouble with a oil light warning. I’ve done some reading, and I’m pretty sure it’s one of the oil sending units(or what ever they are called). Does anyone know of a way to wire around the sensor so I can go boating tomorrow. Thanks Jason

How did you determine it was the oil sending units? I had an low oil pressure warning light go off on one of my engines but it was just fouled up spark plugs. Once I replaced the plugs with new ones, that fixed my problem and cleared the low oil pressure warning light.

Not sure if there is more to it that makes you think it's a wire or sensor, but i'd check your plugs first, if you haven't already. If you have, then someone else may need to chime in as I wouldn't be sure.

I was really just guessing with all the reports of bad sensors. I just got my new ones in the mail and will install. If they don't work I will try the plugs. Plugs don't make sense why it would throw a oil sensor light, but I have seen more than one post that it fixes it. Thanks for replying

Fwiw I did have problems with an oil sending unit on my 2010, 210 Challenger replace it and fix the problem. When I initially bought the boat I was getting codes because of overfilled oil, keep that in mind too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back