Oil Leak on 2000 GS

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

chuckkeeler

Hi, I got a 2000 GS 3 years ago and it runs great but this year when getting it ready there is a lot of oil on the floor compartment. The oil looks new like it is leaking before going into engine. I don't see any leak areas from the oil tank on down the hose as far as I can see but I can't see under the silencer. I am new to working on these but have done lots of car maintenance. Is it easy to get the silencer off and would that expose the rest of the oil line? Any common areas for the leak?
Thanks,
Chuck

It probably slowly dripped out the grommets on the oil tank. I would clean it up, and not worry too much about it. But keep an eye out for the drip.

It probably slowly dripped out the grommets on the oil tank. I would clean it up, and not worry too much about it. But keep an eye out for the drip.
Thanks Tony,
I checked the oil tank bottom and down the line as far as I can reach it. No oil on them. I think it's happening under the silencer. Is it easy to get it off and see where the line goes to the engine. There is too much oil leaking to just wipe it up and not worry about it.
Regards,
Chuck

Thanks Tony,
I checked the oil tank bottom and down the line as far as I can reach it. No oil on them. I think it's happening under the silencer. Is it easy to get it off and see where the line goes to the engine. There is too much oil leaking to just wipe it up and not worry about it.
Regards,
Chuck

Did you ever figure this out. I have the same ski with the same issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back