Oil Leak 951 Pump

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Marky_Marc

Hello Everybody,

Summer has just arrived here in Oz and I have noticed throughout winter that there appears to be an Oil leak. I never confirmed where it was coming from and just left it. Sad to say I am doing my pre-season checks and have found that I have lost 2 litres of rather expensive XPS oil.:facepalm:

So before I waste anymore oil, I had a look and tried to find where it was coming from. I wiped all the oil from where it was collecting in the hull and dried some areas where i thought it might be running down from. 2 days later i came out to this (see picture) i left a small cup under the oil pump area and you can just see the small drops of oil in the little cup i placed there the other day.

My guess is the tygon lines i installed last year, possibly the zip ties are not doing a good enough job...unless the actual pump can leak itself? Should I just rip the old zip ties off any try again or invest in some decent clamps...if of course that is where it is leaking from.

WP_20161205_20_49_32_Pro.jpg

WP_20161205_20_54_17_Pro.jpg

Feel the lines to see if it is running down them. The oil tank has two common leak areas. The lower grommet and the seam of the tank itself.

The zip ties look entirely too big for that size hose. They don't look like they're even touching the hose partially in the first pic. I would purchase some smaller zip ties for the oil lines.

That is some weird looking xps. Mine is the gromet on the bottom of the tank, I lost an estimated $72 out of mine

Anybody need any of them? I just ordered 200 small and 100 large of the fuel zip ties. Really should not drink beer and have money in the bank! I have a huge collection of zip ties now! Nothing rattles, moves or comes loose on my Ski's, cars, trucks or house.

Yeah it's definitely XPS oil as i checked it with the stuff i had in the can.

Confirmed the zip ties are causing the issue. Of course, I cant find any fuel zip ties sold in Australia. Will just try and grab some smaller standard zip ties.

Thanks for your help

If you put the zipper of the zip tie oppisite of the slit in the metal collar should achieve the same as the fancy zip ties, thanks [MENTION=75495]wfo speedracer[/MENTION], I'll be getting some of those.

If you put the zipper of the zip tie oppisite of the slit in the metal collar should achieve the same as the fancy zip ties, thanks [MENTION=75495]wfo speedracer[/MENTION], I'll be getting some of those.

Most people don't even know those exist, I have collected links to these and many more parts on my website WWW.BAMAFREERIDE.COM look at the top menu and choose forum home then you will see a section that says links database, it's like Prego , It's in there.

You do not have to join the website or log in to use the database.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back