Oil injection pump no good anymore?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stacks

I cannot get oil to prime through the pump i to the injection lines. Last year I replaced the injection lines and primed it successfully.

Had the motor rebuilt and cannot get oil to prime through the lines no matter what i try. I am running a battery drill in reverse with the plastic adapter in the chuck of the drill, bleeder valve is cracked and throttle is wide open. I let the oil gravity feed to the pump from the line.

I suspected maybe the inline filter was clogged so I bypassed it to see if i could get oil through the pump. Still not getting anything through. All that happens is when I spin the pump air gets in the lines. I know its super rare for the pump to fail but i am kind of stumped on this. Unfortunately i really cant do much with the ski until this issue is resolved. Am I doing anything wrong or did the pump malfunction?

attached are 2 pictures. The first is with the throttle at idle and the 2nd is wide open. I can add more pictures per request. Let me know, thank you.

Attachments

• 79C95852-5017-455E-9AB9-C879F89FE23A.jpeg
    79C95852-5017-455E-9AB9-C879F89FE23A.jpeg
    232.3 KB · Views: 16
  • 54110531-509A-4F6D-AA38-5D73576F3F4E.jpeg
    54110531-509A-4F6D-AA38-5D73576F3F4E.jpeg
    279.3 KB · Views: 15
With the bleeder open,,is oil coming out of it?,..if no...maybe the vent is not working?,,,try loosening the filler cap.
I mean.that before you try to prime,,,the pump must be bled first,

Last edited:
whoops more oil leaked out than i suspected when i removed the crank feed line from engine while taking it out. i added some oil in and what do you know? the lines started to fill when primed. silly mistake but thanks for the feedback anyways. issue has been resolved

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back