oil in water reservoir tank

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

srakic

i was using my ski yesterday ( seadoo GTX limited 2007) when light came on it bleeped and the engine cut out. when we got it out of the water it seemed like an oil pipe had split or burst but i couldnt see where. took it home and have sinced looked more carefully, there is oil in the water reservoir tank........ i realise that this may be caused by the head gasket having either split or gone but wondered if anyone else had anything similar happen to them and what the outcome was. regards steve:(

Gasket...

If you have oil in your coolant tank, then you may have a blown head gasket. To find out, you should pull your plugs and check them. They should all be a nice off brownish color, even. If you have one or two that show signs of fouling or water, then it's likely a head gasket.

Your oil cooler uses the cooling system as a heat exchanger. You might have compromised it but not as likely as the head gasket.

There are a few good mechanics skilled with the maintenance of the 4-TEC who pop in and out almost daily. I expect they may have more info on this issuse than I. But, as for frequency? There have been a few members in the last year or so who have experienced the problem with a blown head gasket, especially around 2005.:cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back