Oil Choices for my '93 GTX - No Sea-Doo dealer for hundreds of miles.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

meedz

Recently purchased a '93 GTX - Oil is almost out and I don't have access to a Sea-Doo dealer to get proper oil. I have phoned around to nearby PowerSport dealerships but no one carries 2-stroke engine oil (only 4 stroke or outboard oil).

I've been looking around and have the following options, and need your opinion on what to use for the time being until I can get out to get the proper stuff (or maybe one of these will be fine to use!) - ** I have searched, and have found so many conflicting opinions - I've looked up the data spec sheets for each and here are my findings:

1) Mystik JT4 Synthetic Marine Engine Oil - Mystik JT-4 Synthetic 2-Cycle Engine Oil is recommended for use in 2-cycle
engine applications requiring API TC, JASO FC and JASO FD quality oil.

2) Lucas 2-Cycle Land & Sea Oil TC-W3 - Designed for injected or mixed 2-cycle engines with API TC performance

3) Castrol Super Outboard Motor Oil -

Or if there is anything that I can buy locally at a big-box store that I'm unaware of, that would be fantastic.:facepalm:

You could order online also. I purchased mine because they were cheaper than the local Seadoo dealer, which is on the other side of Pittsburgh (2 tunnels, 2 bridges, lots of traffic).

i'd go the online/amazon/ebay route,,,,

I ordered amsoil for several years by the case when I had my 96 xp, saved me a lot of hassle...

I will most definitely order in bulk online - however, anything I can use from the list in the original post to get me riding today? Or should I not risk it and wait?

I looked at the bottle of Lucas, it specifically says for PWC / meets & excreeds API TC performance?? Seems like it should work fine?

There are a bunch of oil threads out here, most relating to what you can get in US. You do not need the semi-synthetic or full-synthetic, although they will work for you; mineral oil will work for you and cost is less. tc-w3 is NOT what you want. The brands I have seen are very specific in use in PWC, and more specific that they are for SeaDoo.

I know, not much help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back