Oil Change oil pictures after submerged engine in water

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

joaquin12345

Premium Member
Premium Member
Hey guys just thought i would post some pictures of what the oil looks like after 1-6 oil changes. One of my seadoos was ran into a rock and a softball sized hole was knocked into the bottom. Needless to say the hull filled with water causing the engine to also be flooded. Right after that happend I changed the oil not 1 or 2 times but I went until i was draining as normal colored oil as possible. The last one still doesnt look great as you can actually still see some off colored stuff at the bottom but I also figured that running the ski for a good amount of time would also help with this problem. After the last oil change I ran the ski for about 1 hour and havent since changed the oil as I winterized the ski but Im pretty confident I got the nasty oil out. In between these oil changes I would run the ski on the water hose for approx 5 minutes then I changed out the oil. I also changed out the oil filter at the very end so now my ski has fresh oil and filter. This process does get expensive so I actually bought some cheap oil at walmart, well $5 a quart compared to the seadoo oil and did it that way and then finished it off in the end with seadoo oil which it has now. anyways just my experience. Worked great just sucked and kinda expensive, but in the end a new engine is worse right. oil bottles.jpg

Yup not fun to get that nasty oil out.

Hasn't happen to me on the ski yet but I did miss a turn on my atv and ended up in canal.:reddevil:

Wow, thats nuts it was still that nasty at changes 3 & 4. We tell people on here all the time after they ingest water they need to change the oil several times. Great pictures to really show the need. :thumbsup:

Nice job with details and pictures.

I don't know if you took the pics in the kitchen or keep cookbooks in the garage but I wouldn't use the used oil on the griddle for my pancakes.....LOL...:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back