Oil change Maintenance kit Canada

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

keegster17

Anyone know the cheapest place for ordering a Oil change Maintenance kit, It gets pricey shipping it over from the US when I live in Toronto, Canada. I am getting prices with shipping about $100, seems a bit much, the shipping is killing me. Not sure if the seller is adding to shipping because it is oil crossing the boarder. Anyone have any advise.

I wont be using the BRP kit anymore due to the price they hit you for 'their' oil. Stupid expensive.

Head on over to your friendly local ebay or Amazon website

Spark plug set- $10.50 (3)
Oil filter- $10
O ring set $10
4 qts 10w40 $26 *

These are the basic values I would spend online for oem parts for my RXT's. Do not use automotive 10-40 motor oil. It is not the right stuff for our SeaDoos. *Castrol and Valvoline both offer 4 Stroke Motorcycle oil that is the right stuff and can be purchased at most auto parts stores.

You bet.

Castrol isn't the only answer...Valvoline (and other brands) offer a similar product. Lets save some $ !

This is not my opinion, just taken from an oil manufacturer: Ask Mobil
Difference Between Car and Motorcycle Oils

Ask Your Stickiest Question. . . Or ask us something you’ve always wanted to know about using our products. We’ll sort through all the submissions and present the best questions to our automotive experts. We'll share the questions and their answers here.

Question:
Difference Between Car and Motorcycle Oils
What is the difference from motorcycle oil than car oil?
-- Matt Coffman, Attica, NY

Answer:
Motorcycle oils and passenger car oils are very similar, with the exception of a couple of areas that are key to motorcycle operation. The first area concerns common sumps, or the use of motor oil, to lubricate and cool the transmission. As you know, in a passenger car the transmission is lubricated by an ATF fluid, which has frictional properties required for transmission operation. In a motorcycle, where the transmission may be lubricated by the engine oil, an engine oil that does not have the same level of friction modification (for fuel economy) of a typical passenger car engine oil will provide better transmission performance in terms of transmission lock-up and slippage. So motorcycle engine oil does not contain the friction modifiers of a passenger car engine oil. The second area of concern for motorcycle engine oils is that they tend to shear (breakdown viscosity) more quickly than a typical passenger car. Mobil 1 motorcycle oils are designed to provide exceptional protection against viscosity loss.

My opinion: Seemed both type of oil narrows down on viscosity issues.....so if you will use a full synthetic 4 stoke oil, viscosity concern will be eliminated...isn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back