Not sure what to do..

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

fearthisinc

Ok.. So currently I have a 2010 Speedster 150 w/ 155 motor.. I love this little boat.. Boat it new back in summer of 2010 and since have only put on 17hrs.. Got it late the first season.. Second season my work schedule sucked and this season I have been trying to get out as much as possible.. but anyway.. It is usually me and my girl that go out so the boat is great.. But lately she makes comments about how she wished the boat was bigger so she could invite her 2 sisters and their boyfriends out for the day.. as it stands now you would have to invite one couple at a time being the 150 is only a 4 seater.. And she also complained yesterday when we attempted to go into the Hudson River.. As we entered the area of liberty island it got a little rough and were getting hit with water.. I think she would mentally feel safer in a bigger boat.. So I have been looking around and was thinking of trading up to the speedster 200.. Looking at Sedoo's site and playing with the numbers it look my payments would be in the 240-260 range.. based on a 10yr loan which is what my dealership says they run every boat at.. my speedster payment is like 160 a month based on the 10yr setup.. but currently im throwing down 400 a month on it.. so the 200 is technically in my current budget already.. But I mean I love the 150.. while its only the 155 motor it is great at jumping wake, launching is simple and easy enough that I could do it by myself, etc.. I am just trying to figure out if the 200 is for me.. The only thing I don't like is that the 200 is supercharged and I always hear problems with the superchargers.. Just wanted to get some input from guys that have either owned both, driven in both, or guys that have the 200... Like I said I love the idea that I can treat my 150 like a pwc.. don't want to lose that..

If its in your price range, i dont see any reason not to honestly. The bigger boats give you so much more room for taking people with you. dont fear the supercharger. The old issues are pretty much non existant now, especially on the boats. A rebuild at 200 hours might cost you a few hundred, but 200 hours will last you quite a few years. Ive ridden in the 200 and it feels more like a boat than the smaller ones. It doesnt handle quite like a PWC like you are use to. But they still haul a$$ and have plenty of room for more people. I am hoping to move up to the 200 or the newer 21 footer in a couple more years.

See thats the one of the issues.. I like the handling of the 150.. Is the 200 meant to be jumping wake and waves like the 150?

They are much heavier, so getting them totally out of the water jumping waves is a lot different. Ive been in one and it could so it some but not nearly as much as my smaller boat. Hopefully BMANN06 chimes in. He recently made the switch from the same 16' boat i have to a speedster 200.

if it were me, i'd go with the 210SP or Wake. They'll have more room than the 200 and you can feel it when you're out on the water. Neither are meant for jumping wakes or doing 360's tho. The 180 will act a lot like the 150, but it's crampt when you put 6 adults in it. If you think you'll need a boat that seats a comfortable 6 adults, then get the 210 or 230. I think you can get a 210 for the same $ as the 200. Also, you can get the 210 in twin N/A motors and not have to worry about supercharger issues, if you're worried about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back