not getting full speed

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

ride800rmk

Hi everyone! this is my first post. My wife and I just got a new 2019 GTI SE 155. I know it limits itself during the break-in period. After 13 hours of use now we are only getting 45 mph out of it. The manual says break in period is 10 hours, a lot of people on the forums say 5 hours. We are using the regular key. (i also have the learning key) Anyway, i called my dealership this morning and they have no idea why it is not letting me hit the 60 mph and getting the full power. They are also booked out 6 weeks. HAs anyone ran into this issue before. I have also gotten under the machine and the impeller and wear ring still look brand new so im not thinking it is anything mechanical.. Any help is appreciated.
1f642.png
:) thanks

You are right for the computer controlled break-in, it unlocks at a maximum of 10 hours (mine unlocked at about 7 hours). Strangely enough my neighbor bought a Wake edition and it didn't lock him. Go figure.

So the issue is elsewhere. Are you absolutely certain that you didn't pick up a rock or something in the impeller? This can greatly affect your top speed if you wear ring is damaged (so easy to do when you don't know these machines well). Also, try the sport or touring mode just to be sure as eco mode limits your top speed.

You are right for the computer controlled break-in, it unlocks at a maximum of 10 hours (mine unlocked at about 7 hours). Strangely enough my neighbor bought a Wake edition and it didn't lock him. Go figure.

So the issue is elsewhere. Are you absolutely certain that you didn't pick up a rock or something in the impeller? This can greatly affect your top speed if you wear ring is damaged (so easy to do when you don't know these machines well). Also, try the sport or touring mode just to be sure as eco mode limits your top speed.

UPDATE: so i took it into the dealership this morning and they were reluctant to help me claiming that because i live in Salt lake and the lakes I got to are at 4000-6000 MSL the high altitude is bringing the speed down to 45 is all and thats normal. i said. i cant imagine losing a whole 15 mph due to altitude. So i guess im wondering do i need to be putting a high altitude impeller on? I'm not happy with how the service department is treating me at my dealership so I called a different dealer and they said they could make sure it has the correct firmware and reflash the keys for $40 bucks. i think i might do that.
Edit or delete this
Any suggestions on this? I don't want to be stuck with an expensive 45 mph machine..

Did the dealer even take a look at it? You should be under warranty, and spent a lot of money with them. I'd hope they'd give better service.
UPDATE: so i took it into the dealership this morning and they were reluctant to help me claiming that because i live in Salt lake and the lakes I got to are at 4000-6000 MSL the high altitude is bringing the speed down to 45 is all and thats normal. i said. i cant imagine losing a whole 15 mph due to altitude. So i guess im wondering do i need to be putting a high altitude impeller on? I'm not happy with how the service department is treating me at my dealership so I called a different dealer and they said they could make sure it has the correct firmware and reflash the keys for $40 bucks. i think i might do that.
Edit or delete this
Any suggestions on this? I don't want to be stuck with an expensive 45 mph machine..

Edit or delete this

Brp website says 55mph with 155 option. At sea level. And probably perfect conditions. So only 10 mph off. Might actually be the elevation...

Edit. Of course though, the brp site also says 52 for the 130 option. Which is less hp than you would have at 5000ft. So maybe not just the elevation...

I saw a similar issue on an older GTI 155 (I think it was a 2008). The regular key was only allowing it to go in the 40s (can't recall exactly) and we took his ski to the dealer and they reprogrammed the key and he was able to get full speed out of it again. Could be worth looking into. And your dealer should be ashamed of themselves for charging you $40 when your ski is under warranty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back