Normal amount of water in hull?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

jqnj260

Have been running my 2012 RXTX a bit since rebuild. Essentially all new. Running like a raped ape. How much water should I expect in the hull after three hours of hard running on a lake? I figure I had about a quart + of water in hull after everything settled. I figure the shaft bushing allows some in for lube/cooling like my inboard ski boat does? Does much/any get in via the access panels for battery/IBR motor on top of hull in back? I drain/towel dry the inside once done riding for the day so no moisture in hull, other than normal condensation. Spray lubed/anti rust. Stored dry. I am new to the PWC, and had this vessel sink on me mid- summer.

I have a 2016 RXTX 300 with 178hrs and have never seen a drop of water in it. None of the people I ride with that have Sea Doo's ever have any water. Unless you are having an issue A Sea Doo should be dry. It may be your Carbon Seal, just had a friend that had his go out, he stated getting cavitation on take off. seemed like he had picked up trash in intake, stopped the ski to check, no trash but than pulled seat the and could hear the water trickling in. He could move the bellow and make the leak stop or worst.

Zero would be acceptable. If you have more than that you have a seal that's bad. Is it on the top end or bottom. I'd think top end seal leaks would be less to worry about as that would be water splashing in. Means you're having fun. But I would still fix it.

another thing to think about is, you have siphon tubes that remove water out of the hull while running so what is left when you stop is just what the siphon tubes didn't remove. So you may actually be getting a lot more water in than what you see.

Brand new carbon seal by dealer. New driveline, supercharger, pretty much a new ski. It was dry for first hour, or so it seamed. I pulled the seat and it looked ok. Did not notice much water in hull when I pulled ski from lake onto trailer. Towed home an hour with hull drain plugs off. Got home to look and saw some water in hull. Maybe a hose fitting? I will take to lake again and check bellow.

I get zero unless I "submarine" the ski. Even then, once the bailer tubes pull that water out it is again zero.

Took her out today for last hurrah/infiltration testing. Very little water in hull, did notice that the service panels in back on top of deck were getting tons of water on acceleration, fast deceleration, etc. The water is entering through this area. I don't think they could ever be watertight, maybe new gaskets would help some. Do the new Sea Doos still have these access openings for battery/IBR? Thanks for the ideas, I think My doo is now reliable and sea worthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back