[noob] general purchasing question

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

skidmarks

I'm looking at a 2007 SeaDoo RXP 155, a 2011 SeaDoo GTS 130, and a 2010 SeaDoo GTI 130, all for similar prices around $5000. I need a ski that can pull a tube, and an adult skiier. Do any of these three match my criteria? I'm really new to PWC's but I'm excited to learn more and purchase one. Thanks in advance for the help!!

I'd rank them differently

2010 GTI
2011 GTS
2007 RXP

The RXP isn't really that suited well for 3 riders based on my experience and there is the possibility of exhaust valve upgrade needing to be done and just in general, its had more time for rust/corrosion/general age to impact the pump/driveline/mounts, etc...

I'd rank them differently

2010 GTI
2011 GTS
2007 RXP

The RXP isn't really that suited well for 3 riders based on my experience and there is the possibility of exhaust valve upgrade needing to be done and just in general, its had more time for rust/corrosion/general age to impact the pump/driveline/mounts, etc...

Well does the 2010 GTI have enough power to pull a tube and skiier?
Thanks!!

SPIM is correct. I didn't notice it was an XP. The 130 and the 155 are VERY close in regards to power. Exact same engine. Just the MOEN (Brain) and the Cam are different.

I would personally be looking at the 215 or larger. You will ALWAYS have three people plus the tube any time you are tubing. Tubes can produce a substantial load. Having the larger Super Charged engine will help to get the tube on top of the water.

Well does the 2010 GTI have enough power to pull a tube and skiier?
Thanks!!

IMO certainly it does for a tube, that's cake.

I'm of the opinion that low end torque would be more than ample for a skier or boarder, although that's opinion not fact, I've never towed anything but another ski.

here's a quote from another thread.
Ive got the 130 SE 2011.

Its got plenty of power to pull tubes and wakeboarders. Ive had two people on the ski and two people on a tube.

The 155 is just a tuned version of the 130, its not worth the grand extra. The most you get out of the 155 is like 1-2 MPH top speed. Low end torque off the start is very similar for both.

i'd go newer model, the 04-07 rxp is more of a tear up the river or jump wake riding solo kind of ride but for general purpose family & water sports you can do better.

I'm looking at a 2007 SeaDoo RXP 155, a 2011 SeaDoo GTS 130, and a 2010 SeaDoo GTI 130, all for similar prices around $5000. I need a ski that can pull a tube, and an adult skiier. Do any of these three match my criteria? I'm really new to PWC's but I'm excited to learn more and purchase one. Thanks in advance for the help!!

I wouldn't be paying anyone 5K for an '07 155 RXP.

I'd look around some and find more motor.

Buy this and drive it like you stole it.

352.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back