no spark

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
found that my ground was not good on my starter. fixed that and got some brand new plugs. runs good at WOT but when you bring it down it still backfired. plugs are wet when i pulled them out. im almost thinking it is a fuel problem now. does anyone know where and how to adjust the carbs and where they should be?

is the low on the bottom of the carbs? and where is the high speed? do you know if i got the trigger coil wires in the right place? thanks

LOW is located at the bottom of carb, and high should be able to see, maybe have black plastic caps on them, on opposite side of carb/low adjuster, at top of carb.

i'm lost!!!!

i'm lost with this boat. i've done everything that you guys have told me and what i know about it. and now its will only run at WOT at 4500 on a hose and i dont know what to do. thinking i may have to take it to the shop. dont want to but i dont know what else to do. thanks for all your help and if you have anything esle to try i'll do it. :confused:

did the choke thing and it just wants to die. plugs a wet everytime i pull them out. carbs are at 1 1/2 turns on the low speed and i never turned to high speed.

is there a possibility you could have twisted the crank on this? This could cause the backfire and also the super bad timing to no let it go high rpm, while of course at WOT all the fuel is being pumped in. Have you put this on a timing light yet?

i have not put it on a light i dont know how. i'm getting a book for it in the morning but i have to work till friday. this weekend im going to be grilling drinking and working on my boat. and if i cant get it going or find out what is wrong with it its going to the shop!!

i have not put it on a light i dont know how. i'm getting a book for it in the morning but i have to work till friday. this weekend im going to be grilling drinking and working on my boat. and if i cant get it going or find out what is wrong with it its going to the shop!!

Jeep....you wont need a light to test that. Pull plugs, and put long screwdrivers down into holes. Then rotate the "pto" and watch the screwdrivers go up/down. Make sure at any time, they dont move the same way, or else, cranks bent.

i did that when i had my carbs and stuff off. does not look like its bent. i go a shop manual from a guy i know and i was reading it tonight. i have to see if the timing in the MPEM is off do to the fact that i put a new trigger coil in it. will check all this this weekend when im off work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back