no spark

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

jeeprider

hey guys i just got a 97 challenger that needs a coil. had it tested today and it was grounding out should have a new one by friday. but when i crank it over oil pours out of the back cylinder. is there any way to clear this out? like a drain bolt like some of the snowmoblies have? im new to this jetdrive stuff. thanks

If the rotary valve seals are going bad in the engine cases it leaks oil from the rotary valve shaft area into the bottom of the engine. Just run it out and it should be ok to run. There isn't any type of plug to pull. The only cure it to replace the seals by splitting the cases and pulling the crank, then replace the seals. I would run it. You might foul a spark or 2, but it's cheaper then replacing the seals. It might only seep oil when it sets for a while, like over the winter unused months.

Karl

yea is it will run thats what ill do. its been sitting 4 a long time like two years. i'll just crank it over and see if i can get it out. just hope that its just my coil that is bad and not the mpem or the stator those cost more then i paid for the boat. but thanks for the info. i'll be back on here agian

jeep....test the white wire at coil, with 12v light tester. While hit'n start/stop button, it should light up, if not, then your coil aint the problem..

i did the test and my volt gauge moved but now my battery is dead. i'll do the test again tommorow at work with a charged battery and a GOOD volt gauge and let you know my findings.

also my lanard sometimes beeps and sometimes dont. should i get a new one?

alright, you got power in the white wire, which would inturn, tell the coil to "fire/spark". Cut the plug wires 1/4in, re-install boots, then install plug, and ground to head, and see if "spark" is there. If not, new coil..

alright, you got power in the white wire, which would inturn, tell the coil to "fire/spark". Cut the plug wires 1/4in, re-install boots, then install plug, and ground to head, and see if "spark" is there. If not, new coil..

I dont know why they didnt just cut that last 1/4" off at the factory and save everyone some hassle.

hey guys,
i got my new coil in an there is still now spark. im getting like 57 to 67 volts DC to the white wire off the coil. that is my + wire on the coil right? please help you guys have already gave me a lot of info thanks.

that voltage is from the white and the ground and it shows up neg voltage on my meter. i'm lost and i dont have the money to pay the shop $75 an hour to tell me what is wrong. i dont know what or how to test the next thing. whatever that my be.

I have the same problem with no spark.I replaced the coil and the pickup by the stator. I am only getting at most 9v on the white wire on the coil. I cannot figure it out!

yea i'm lost i dont know much about the sea doo and im not paying $75 an hour to the shop. can anyone tell me how to test the stater and the trigger coil? and what voltage i should have out of the white wire that would help me. thanks

pulled the stator cover off last night and found the the "trigger coil" (i think that is what its called) was broke off and just in there. looks like it hit something. and know im not getting any ohms across the black yellow and the yellow wires. i think that i need a new stator and trigger coil. or can i just buy a trigger coil? should i buy both? what do you all think i should do now? thanks for all the help so far

I have a friend that is a seadoo tech and if the stator and fly wheel is clean "no surface rust" then just replace the pickup. If it has some surface rust and or is dirty then use some steel wool to clean it up. then just wipe it off with a clean cloth. The stator is a very odd part to go bad. The new pickup will fix your problem.

hey that stator and flywheel look brand new. the pickup broke off and got cut by something in there. and now its just O.L. on the ohm meter. but i have to wait till the first to get paid and then i hope to get it on the water.

I just bought a new one and it did not fix the problem if you want my old one i can send it to you. I would not want anything for it. As long as you pay to ship it. If you want to send me a email with your phone number to truckman4141@yahoo.com and I will call you to get your info and send it to you.

thank you truckman!!!!!!
your part got my boat started up!! but i have another problem. it is skipping now. i put new plugs (br8es) in it and it did the same thing. it skippes and blows smoke out the exhaust. i puled my carbs off tonight and cleaned them but they were not dirty in the begining. can anyone help me with this? thanks again truckman. ur the best!!

have you tested bthe white wire to the coil? It should read 12 volts and you may not be getting enough spark. I just ordered the MSD enhancer and will soon be back on the water. Did you put on a new or used coil?

yea im getting 12v to the white wire on the coil. its backfiring through the back carb. and will only go to 3000rpm. i have new plugs in it and they are sparking good. took the carbs off and they were clean. still the same thing 3000rpm. if i start it and then go half open it levels out and runs okay. but as soon as u go W.O.T it pops bad through that back carb

yea thats what i think it is. but i have no idea how to set the timing on this boat. i'm sure that i could do it but i dont know where to sart. i checked my plugs and they maybe the problem too. ithey spark but not nice and blue. i'm just lost and getting tired of this boat.

:banghead:

one more problem

hey guys. i did my RV timing and i got it run a lot better. i think i still have a spark problem. im getting spark and it will run. but the spark is not blue its orange! its getting like 13volts to the coil which is new. i put in a good mag pickup. but i dont know if i put the wires in the write place. where they go into the cover its black, black, yellow from bottom to top. is this right?? where do i go from here. it will run WOT and at 4500rpms. any help is great help wanna take it out for the 4th so please help. thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back