No Reverse on 1997 Sea-Doo Speedester

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

James Bond

Bought a 1997 Speedester Runs good but When I put it in Reverse it does not do anything.
Might go a bit forward but not back.
I adjusted the reverse gates so that they are all the way down. I checked all the lock clip things and they lock into place. I am thinking that the gates need to raised up some.
Droping the gates did not work. So what do you think should I raise the gates and is there some specs on this?

Ever things looks good when I put it in reverse the gates cover the nozzle and the clam things lock in place.

Any one have this same issue?

Any one have a clue how to adjust this issue?

Bought a 1997 Speedester Runs good but When I put it in Reverse it does not do anything.
Might go a bit forward but not back.
I adjusted the reverse gates so that they are all the way down. I checked all the lock clip things and they lock into place. I am thinking that the gates need to raised up some.
Droping the gates did not work. So what do you think should I raise the gates and is there some specs on this?

Ever things looks good when I put it in reverse the gates cover the nozzle and the clam things lock in place.

Any one have this same issue?

Any one have a clue how to adjust this issue?

I had a similar issue with my 97 Speedster. I did not have full throw in my shifter and the shifter itself ended up being broken. The lower tab that the rod/cable attaches to had snapped off. Easy enough to check, pop the bezel off and pull the shifter assembly out and check for any issues.

Aside from something being broken don't expect it to work like a boat with a prop. When it's in reverse alot of the water hits the back of the boat instead of going under it and pushing it backwards

I had a reverse issue. It was the cable binding up on a bolt that was installed backwards.

Here is a tread on it
“Reverse cable help! 99 speedster”
Reverse cable help! 99 speedster
Hope this helps or at least gives you help narrowing it down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back