No more Hp identification on sea doo boats?.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan40601

Im pickin up new 180 se HO on Saturday ,and can't believe how vague the brochure and sea doo in general are about their horsepower ratings! The dealer claims base engine is down to 155 Hp no supercharger
The next one up is supercharged 215
And finally supercharged HO 255
First please correct these numbers if they r incorrect please
Second does anyone know y Hp ratings aren't listed anywhere?
And y did they remove the stickers with Hp ratings ?
I hope my dealer is giving me correct ratings
Is there anything I should no about this boat?
PS I recently junked my 1997 challenger 180 twin engine it just got to expensive to keep repairing !
Up until its last run it still hit 55mph but the crank bearings were bad many years of salt water ,and the injection oil has been leaking into the exhaust ,great while it lasted!

Thanks very much for any help anyone can give!

the standard motor is 155, and the supercharged is 215, with the HO supercharged at 255/260. On a SE model tho, the standard is 215 with the HO at 255/260. I think that's where you're getting confused. The 155 option is not available on a SE model, only the base models have it.

i noticed that while trying to find out the HP rating on a yamaha recently, they don't list HP anywhere, just 0-30 times and all of the "features" that come on them

How can you tell if a 2011 SE model is 215hp or 255hp?
I'm buying one and the seller says it's a 255, but how can I be sure?

I just spoke to the dealer where I'm purchasing mine and I was told the dealer can tell from the vin# . Don't ask me how but it otherwise has no distinguishing characteristics because they r both supercharged just one is considered high output! Let me know if this is a help . I need to know for future sale of my boat!

You can call brp at. 715-848-4957 I just called they confirmed my Hp rating and said anyone can call for the specs!
Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back