Nicked..should I replace RV cover? Oil from pump inner?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Please see 2 photos. Should I replace that rotary valve cover or have it machined down?

The oil dripped out from the back and is not coming from the nose cone seal area..
Are there internal seals on the pump shaft/housing? You can see the oil drip line if you look close inside there..49F15BCB-9CE0-4902-A478-F4B0E965726F.jpeg58F16FA1-F0AB-439F-9A9B-207B984BF533.jpeg35A7191D-A37F-4FC1-9E29-399389AD6CC6.jpeg

Should I rebuild anything while I’m in there?

Thanks for any advice

Donnie

That appears to be a twin carb rotary cover, if it is they are pretty common, and cheap. I would just replace it if you are concerned. It doesn't look bad to me though.

The jet pump has two seals, the inner under the impeller and the cone o-ring, that's it. The fill plug gets sealant too so it can be a source of leaks as well. If you have the tools to change the inner seal without disturbing the bearings, and all spins fine, I would just change the seal. If the shaft has a ring worn in it from the seal you will want to replace it as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back