newbie questions

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

cj44

Yes, I am a newbie this is not only my first seadoo but also my first boat. I got it from a guy who had it for about 7-8yrs the last 2 of which it just sat in his back yard(covered). The title says its a '94-Hull # ZZNO7452F494 (speedster) so what is the engine? 657? As far as I know there was never any winterizing done, at least the last few years so even though it doesn't get or stay very cold where its been is there any thing that should be looked into because of that. Also the engine bay was full of water (just from rain, the drain plugs were out)when I got it home and there seems to be rust and oxidation on most of the both engines, is there much chance they will still run or are they definetly headed for a rebuild?Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

You have a 94 with (2) 657X engines. Also it sounds like a rebuild is in the near future; starters if they were under water, magneto assembly if water got in there, carrier bearings , jet pump bearings if they sat still for a long time without moving, the carb's I'm sure are going to need a good cleaning if not a rebuilt.
The best advice is to tear things down and see what has water damage or rust damage. what ever you do (DO NOT JUMP THE BATTERIES WITH A RUNNING VEHICLE) you will fry your computer ($1,500.) get new batteries, and use a trickle charger to keep them up. Sounds like you have you have a lot of work ahead of you, and this is a good forum to find the answers to many of problems. If you spend a few bucks and upgrade to a premium membership you have a lot of benefits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back