Newbie 1994 SPX

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronco

Hello,

I bought a 1994 Sea Doo Spx as a project... It has a blown motor, came with good spare motor, i believe its a 580cc (white engine).. Previous owner pulled engine, bought another good motor and never finished... this is my 1st ski, I'm in the process of cleaning it out (oil, metal chips, mice>>)...Looking for any advice/help on installing motor, connecting all electrical , plumbing,etc... any good info,links, posts etc... the budget is thin going to try an do it myself, may bring it to the pro for final tuning..... Thanks....

go to www.sbtontheweb.com

I just did a motor swap on my 97 SPX with the 787 engine last week. SBT has color photos with arrows on what to take off, install, etc while doing an engine project. They should have one for your ski also. Good luck!

You are tossing out the memories, keep the oil bottle if you find one so you can keep the same oil flowing, risky when mixing 2cycle oil that it does not gel and stop sending in oil, mark the tank to be sure while you use premix gas, always keep the flame screen on the carbs when testing the motor, fumes build while tinkering with cables and leaks, never use a running car/truck to overcome a weak battery, turn off the donor motor or damaged MPEM wil result.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back