Newb member here!!!!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

red2.4srt

Hi everyone, my name is Todd. I'm 21 and I just bought a 1997 SeaDoo Challenger 110 in July of 2007. I absolutely love this thing and couldn't be happier. I had a 1991 Honda 250X Quad that I traded on another Jet Boat. This time it's a 1996 SeaDoo Sportster. The main reason I traded was due to the fact that my original trailer for the Challenger, which was a painted trailer, broke on our way home from Long Neck, De. I traded for the Sportster w/ Galvanized trailer and plan on fixing the other trailer along the way. I have a question about the Sportster but since this isn't the right section i'll post that in another thread. Thanks for having me. /Life story. :rofl:

Hey Todd, welcome to the fastest growing forum on the internet...lol. Seriously, this place is full of friendly, helpfull and inspiring people. I also own a 1997 Challenger model #5603, 787 motor with 110hp. I bought it about 2 months ago now. If you have a desire to do your own repairs, like most of the members, you can join as a premium member and download a shop manual to help with repairs. It's the best deal around for a Seadoo manual from the manufacturer. Click on the link at the top of the page, under seadoo manuals and check out the details, and membership price. You can download in a PDF file any or all the manuals if you like, and print off what you need. If you have any questions, or problems feel free to start a thread in the appropriate section on the home page.
Check out my boat in my avitar and the cool cat walk I built around my lift.
Karl

:seeya:Hey Todd...hope you had a great Thanksgiving. Welcome to the forum, we'll be glad to help you out

Hi, Just joined after finding myself on the site !!

Cheers, Chris

PS, 38 isn't middle-aged !!!! although my wife is convinced that a jetski is a mid-life crisis

Crisis!

Try 48 and still bare foot sking!........my wife thinks I should act my own age. I've asked her what that means I should do? Stand around with the old folks and play shuffle board!..........
Rock on!..........ride to live (till you die anyway)
Welcome to the forum you guys! Glad to have you.

Mid-Life crisis?

Cheers, Chris

PS, 38 isn't middle-aged !!!! although my wife is convinced that a jetski is a mid-life crisis

Welcome Chris, seems like a double wammy for members here..lol
Mid-life crisis, I bought a Dodge Charger in 06, cause I needed to go fast! Now that could have been a crisis thing....Jetski's there a part of life...:rofl:

Hi Chris

Karl's right,
A mid life crisis is nothing compared to a life long addiction to jet skis and jet boats. It won't be long before your wife starts praying for you to have a mid life crisis so you'll quit ridin' and talkin' jet skis!
Welcome to the forum, Dennis

....!

:agree: I'm at the point in my marriage where my wife is glad to see me go out for the day on my boat!.........The only time she seems disappointed is when I return!...............:rofl:

My wife gets disappointed when she sees me working on my boat before I leave...because she knows I be back...:rofl:

Cheers, Chris

Chris you enjoy it mate.
I think the average age on here might be 35-50.
We just enjoying ourselves now because we didn't have the money for toys like these in our mid 20's.
Plus this sport is alot kinder on ya bones, compared to falling off dirt bikes.

Yeks, I shouldn't hijack the thread and talk about dirt bikes...been there done that ... That's what triggered me to Stand-up jetskis... after a 5 year Motocross/ Drag/ Ice race/ Flat Track career!
Karl

much love goes out to those young guys out there (like myself) that are getting into the sport. You gotta love these "not so old" guys too though cause they have all the advice and good tips. Best forum i've found yet for seadoos BY FAR!!!

"Those young guys"

much love goes out to those young guys out there (like myself) that are getting into the sport. You gotta love these "not so old" guys too though cause they have all the advice and good tips. Best forum i've found yet for seadoos BY FAR!!!

Heck we are all "those young guys". Tell the moderators that they are old, and watch the fireworks..lol
This is a great place to figure out your problems and meet great people from all over the world. I found this place to be the best forum anywhere! I have looked high and low for another forum as friendly as this place...can't find one.
Karl

Last edited by a moderator:
Come on Guys not all we ladies are like that I have the opposite reaction at my house, the husband replies your back already, so the next time I go out it's for a lot longer and I love it . I have to say that I take my eldest boy with me and the two little ones. So hubby is at home all on his lonesome and still he complains. I hope that he gets his ski licence one day and we all can have a great day.Age is no barrier.

mara

Mara, what is your season like there in Australia? Good skiing weather year round or seasonal like here?

JoeZ, The season in Australia would be like you guys, we ski in the summer and if the weather is nice in spring we would ski as well. If you live say in Queensland you could ski more often as the weather is always warmer.

Mara

Seasons?

O.K Mara, the seasons are like that of the U.S.....but does your summer season consist of the months of June, July and August. Or are those your colder months?
I guess for some reason, I thought Countries on the South side of the equator had reverse seasons from us.

Last edited by a moderator:
JoeZ, June, July, August are our winter so our summer is December, January and February sorry about my wording on the previous text.

Mara

Cool!

O.K.......that's what I thought!.............I'd like to make a motion, now that we have family in Austrailia, and it's nice and warm over there, we take our Doo's to her house and go riding in some warmer water!.........Ya'll with me on this one? :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back