New to Water

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

95C1500

I just joined the forum and figured I'd introduce myself.

I acquired a couple of SeeDoos (1996 SPX and 1997 SPX) over the weekend. My childhood neighbor bought them 10 years ago, they sat for a few years until he decided to get them up and running. Not long after, his neighborhood was hit by a tornado, leaving a nice gash in the hull of the yellow one (1997). The green one (1996) he never was able to get running right. So they sat again. I was always fascinated by them but never got the chance to ride them.
Long story short, he called my dad on Saturday asking if he wanted them. My dad wanted nothing to do with owning them but said he knew someone who did. I hopped in the truck and drove over there. After a quick glance, they and the trailer were in decent shape so I asked how much he wanted for them. He told me to haul them away and he'd sign over the titles. The tires on the trailer are 11 years old and dry rotted so I moved them 10 feet to the other side of the fence where they are sitting next to my parent's shed in their backyard... temporarily. IF I can get them running, I'll fix the fiberglass hull on the yellow one. IF I can fix the hole, I'll buy tires and a taillight (robbed for one of his other trailers) for the trailer. Then I'll pull them the 40 minutes to my place.

Anyway, I have no idea how these things work (I know cars and motorcycles, not SeaDoos). So I'm excited to learn a lot here, get them running, and have fun with them on the lake this summer with the family.

DK1ZGGS.jpg

Welcome!
Those are tow great skis to work on and ride.
Start a thread in the 2-stroke PWC section and we'll help you check them over before you spend money on them and get you going.

Remember, no jump starting or boosting them......

Welcome!
Those are tow great skis to work on and ride.
Start a thread in the 2-stroke PWC section and we'll help you check them over before you spend money on them and get you going.

Remember, no jump starting or boosting them......
Thank you!

I just started one. Lots of rambling, it's what I do lol. I appreciate that though. I definitely will need all the help I can get.

Boosting? You mean as in turbos?

I can see that being confusing. Some people have fried the computers with the new little boost packs for jump starting cars is what I was trying to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back