New to the Speedster. Need the list of "to-do's".

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

ORION '95 Speedster

Hi,

Im an experienced mechanic, and I have owned several mid 90's jet skis that were Polaris and Kawasaki. I just bought a 95 Speedster. Both motors run and have 150lbs on each cylinder. I need to know what the updates are. On my Polaris jet skis, the list looked something like this:

Upgrade the fuel pumps to prevent lean condition,
remove the autocock to prevent lean condition,
replace fuel tank fittings with metal instead of plastic,
Bypass oil injection system and go to premix
etc

What is the standard things that need to be done to all the 95 Speedsters? Can someone send me the link / list?

Thanks.

New to the Speedster. Need the list of "to-do's".

- run the correct type of oil
- grease the carrier seal on the driveshaft often

The rest is just basic maintenance. Change the pump oil at the end of the season and spark plugs occasionally along with all filters. Inspect the small oil injection lines every once in a while because they can get brittle and crack.

Last edited by a moderator:
The pump oil is in the cone on the jet pump itself. Need to remove the buckets and steering nozzle to access it. It should have 3 little 8mm bolts and allan screw in the top of it. I try to every now and than get some lube in the cables if possible. You have the basic plan down.. Service oils line and filters every few years, change the pump oil every season, grease the drive shaft bearing every 5 hours or so, grease the PTO once a year, do the plugs once a year. That pretty much it except for visual inspections of the boat. Store it right and should be be good.

The PTO "flywheel" on the back of the motor has a grease fitting to lube the splines on the front of the driveshaft. Do not over fill it or you will bust the boot. I would not recommend premix because the seadoo oil pumps are very relibale and most oil injection related engine deaths are the check valves that feed oil into the the intake ports getting clogged or the small oil lines getting brittle and breaking. Easy way to tell if they are original is if they are painted. There are inline oil filters for each motor you want to replace that feed the oil pumps. There is a second set of oil lines feeding the rotary valve gears that need to stay connected if you decide premix that must stay connected to the oil tank with some oil in it. DO NOT use tcw-3 outboard oil, use api-tc rated oil such as bombardier xps or amsoil (i cant remember wich one). Dont jump start the boat than can become expensive when you burn up the MPEM. And welcome to the greatest seadoo forum around

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back