New to Seadoo SP

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

penguin0456

Hey guys,

So today I bought a 1996 Seadoo SP, I got it that cheap because well.. its in pieces. the carb and intake manifold is off... the rotary plate is missing.. and I am not sure why... however I suspected it to related to the RV shaft.. it has stripped gear feeling to me. that being said I am not sure what I am looking at or what I should be checking. Just by observation I would say someone dumped a bunch of money into before giving up on it. To me it looks like someone went through the top half of it and rebuilt all of it. and the impeller and shaft look almost new.. as well do numerus parts in it. that being said I did put a little gas in the cylinders and it fired right up and ran for a couple of seconds. I only paid about 100 bucks for it so I am not really invested that far into however I would like to see it run again.

thanks,
Tim

down load the free manual...and pull out your wallet by next spring you should be able to sell it for 200 bucks

If the RV shaft gear is stripped... it may not be worth putting back together. The SP in good running order is only worth $1K. Rebuilding the engine may be more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back