New to Sea-Doo

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

bigsi

Hello everyone, Simon here!

My in-laws recently moved to lake side property and since we spend a decent amount of time there I was looking to invest in some summer time fun.

I'm looking to purchase a used sea-doo probably in the range of a '98 to an '04. Varying models are GSX, XP, XP DI, or GTX.

It will be ridden by primarily myself, my wife and my 16 year old son. I expect that there will be two people on it from time to time.

I'm looking for feedback on which models are better or worse or if there is anything I should steer clear of. I'm not mechanicaly inclined so the option of doing self repairs is not realistic for me.

Any help or feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
Simon

I would stay away from the RFI or DI fuel injected models. In my opinion the perfect combination for reliable family fun is the 96-2001 GTI three seater, 96-97 GTX and a 96-97 GSX two seater.

Yup, if your going to have two adults on it and want it to be stable, exclude the XP. However, if you want the fun of spilling and chilling to cool off, then move it up the list.

If the ski is going to sit around and or you are not familiar with the 2-stroke systems and carbs, then I'd avoid them.
The 4-tec skis can sit for MANY months untouched and other than maybe charge the battery they will start right up and be good to go.

The GTX is SUPER comfortable and stable. Basically the Caddy of the skis.

Back