New to PWC - Need Assist

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. It should be on them. I thought you wanted to try to see what is wrong, that is why I gave advice earlier. But if it is new, it is their concern.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yip,
this early in the game IMO its the dealers problem, I wouldn't even take the seat off and poke around, i'd just drop it off with a brief explanation and "hope" that their service department is as good as their sales department.

Dropped it off this morning in the pouring rain on my way to work. A 40 minute bonus drive there and back from my office... yay. All I did was check the fuses last night but I wasn't even going to bother with the battery.

Agreed, if it dies after 5 minutes of riding, back to the dealer. Super annoying. Not a good way to start off my jet ski habit. It was a blast for the few figure 8s I got to do before zap.

I suppose it could of been worse. It could of died in the ocean or further away from the ramp. Nothing gets a person to read an owners manual quite like swimming with a seadoo in your grasp back to the docks. :(

UPDATE:

So I guess the positive connection wire running away from the battery to the machine (where it splits into 3?) had a loose housing or some nonsense. So its ready for pickup today luckily.

Seems like something they should have noticed doing their prior inspections before sale. Said they've never seen that happen in many years. Well, I guess I'm happy it wasn't something completely silly where I'd be kicking myself for not figuring it out.

Figured I'd toss an update for anyone who cares. Hopefully I can enjoy a day in the sun this weekend!

I forgot to add that my daughter dropped my iphone 6 in the lake last night as well and fried it. I had to go to Verizon for a new phone today after a failed rice drying attempt. Only up from here? :banghead:

I care.:thumbsup: glad it was simple! would be frustrating for sure especially on the maiden voyage.

Man you really did have a bad day. Pick up one of those waterproof boxes. I have one and put my keys and phone in it before I even get close to the ramp.

Trust me, you will have way more fun on the ski than the bike so its definitely worth it!!

Yeah I have an otter box already. I was trying to call the dealership and look online for any ideas what could get it started again. I learned quite a bit on my voyage. Got to open it up a little and tinker inside ever so slightly, actually read the whole owners manual, and got some good practice on the boat ramp :)

At least I was in the middle of 2 other boats that wouldn't start so it was a little amusing. Their kids looked more depressed than mine.

Going for maiden voyage 2nd addition today! Wish me luck.

Tomorrow going with friends for the day at the lake so I want a little solo time damnit and to make sure it actually works this time.

Happy you have gotten things figured out. Dont forget to at least loosely follow breakin procedures on your machine. Should be outlined in your Owners Manual. I believe it is as simple as varying the throttle for the first 10 hrs and no wide open runs for any length of time. Have fun! This is my first season with a new doo and its been eventful and most enjoyable. :thumbsup:

Had a great weekend with the new toy. Friday was kinda just a very slow test on one lake near my home in CT. Was fun, kinda ho hum.
Saturday went with some friends to a better lake close by. Was able to anchor near the beach to relax a bit and had some great wakes from other boaters to run amok.
Was an awesome day. Felt like I was on vacation someplace nice rather than stinky old CT. :)

I've also learned i can't stress about every little mark on the Seadoo like I could with my bike. Its gonna get a few dings here and there docking places with the waves and what not. I had a lot of fun parking in the middle of the lake and using the rear as a diving board with a couple others on board. Glad I got a 3 seater.

Had all the toys so far and 5 boats. I wish I picked up a jet ski from the start. Love cruising on the lake and rough water is a blast. Driving it standing up while blasting thru some chop is so exilerating. They are so much safer than motorcycles and not having to worry about some idiot cutting you off. To bad it took me 58 years to realize this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back